We advocate on behalf of Traditional Acupuncture professionals and maintain the highest professional standards to protect the general public. We provide our members with a wide range of services to facilitate their practice and we also act for the traditional acupuncture profession as a whole:
- expanding awareness of traditional acupuncture and how it works
- representing the interests of fully qualified traditional acupuncturists
- establishing and maintaining the highest professional standards of practice for acupuncture in the UK
- overseeing and accrediting acupuncture education to ensure excellence in training
- funding evidence-based clinical research on the benefits of traditional acupuncture
- promoting evidence-based research to the public, the media and other healthcare providers
- promoting integrated healthcare and contributing to the development of national healthcare policy
Traditional acupuncture uses the insertion of fine needles and moxibustion to help regulate and balance a person’s Qi. Find out more about how acupuncture can help you.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Our commitment a truly inclusive workplace and community through valuing, celebrating, and embracing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
Find an acupuncturist
Find a qualified member of the British Acupuncture Council near you.