Work with us! Communications Officer
The BAcC is looking for a full-time Communications Officer to join our small team based in West London. The team is currently working on a hybrid model – we value the benefits of coming together in person as a team and we also work well together remotely.
The post-holder will bring together our communications activity from across the organisation, including:
- Developing and implementing a range of engaging communications in support of the BAcC’s strategic objectives and delivery of activities across the organisation.
- Growing the BAcC’s social media presence across multiple platforms (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc) and engaging with our online communities and audiences on these platforms.
- Producing communications for both internal and external audiences, including a weekly enewsletter, website content, social media, blogs, vlogs, podcasts, reports, audio and video.
- Engaging with colleagues across the BAcC to lead the generation of engaging, creative and informative content for social media and e-news, optimising content for each platform or audience.
The successful candidate will:
- be a skilled and engaging communicator able to produce communications for a range of audiences and through a variety of media.
- have strong social media experience and a keen interest in this area
- have proven experience in a communications role, ideally within a healthcare or membership organisation
- have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with members, colleagues, and external stakeholders.
- have a keen interest in acupuncture and a passion for promoting it as a valid healthcare choice
- be able to work collaboratively as part of a small team providing an excellent service to our members.
The BAcC is in the final stages of developing our new website, so the successful candidate will have an opportunity to feed into this project and to shape our digital presence. This is a varied role, with a particular emphasis on social media and digital communications, so will suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can multi-task and work on several different projects at once, and who is also comfortable managing their own priorities and workflows.
Closing date: 21 July 2021 at 14:00
Video interviews: 3 August 2021
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the person specification, to email@example.com by 14:00 on 21 July 2021.